I already started off in a bad way considering that I created this weeks ago and this is the first post. I guess this is going to reflect all the 1/4 finished journals I own that I never kept up with. I'm going to try to be optimistic though, maybe I can keep up with this.
A significant turn of events has kept me pretty upset. Instead of laying out the story I am going to just list things that I learned. I am just thankful for a friend's miraculous recovery, so who needs to remember all the misfortune that happened along the way?
This past week's lessons
1. When someone you care about is in the hospital be careful how you approach mutual friends about it. You never know if they were there for it all and you come off really insensitive.
2. Not everyone is going to drop what they are doing to help you in an emergncy situation, but sometimes you have a big-hearted boss that will!
3. Sometimes the people you think will be there for you, aren't.
4. Friends that are extremely upset may ignore your attempts to help them, you just have to let them know that you are there if they decide they need the help.
5. I feel powerless when I can't take away the pain of my loved ones
6. I don't always know what to say
7. Some people take a plea for prayer and call it selfish when someone else needs prayer too. God is perfectly capable to help all that seek Him. There is no reason to be rude.
8. Girls are witches...with a "b" sometimes.
9. waiting 3 hours for an emergency brain surgery to be accomplished is not pleasant. Neither is getting a call that implies expect the worst. BUT getting a call ten minutes later that all is well is spectacular.
10. When all seems to be going wrong it is amazing how relationships between those affected becomes so right.
There were so many ups and downs about this week, but there is no appreciating the good without experiencing the bad. Carpe Diem, sieze the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment